Hello, my name is Judy Boyum. I teach piano lessons to students ages 4 and older through the Suzuki method, an approach based on the way we learn language — by rote first.
My music studio, located in my southwest Rochester, Minnesota, home, provides a quiet, comfortable place for lessons. I have a well-rounded program that includes several recitals and studio group classes each year.
- Experience: Teaching in a private studio since 1990
- Certification: Completed teacher training through Level 5 and am certified by the Suzuki Association of the Americas through a mentorship program with certified teacher trainer, Dr. Mary Ann Swallum
- Education: Earned a master's degree in counseling psychology and minor in music
- Mentors: Dr. Mary Ann Swallum, Dr. Horacio Nuguid, Dr. Carmen Wilhite and Virginia Christensen
- Additional music experience: church musician, band (percussion) and choir
- Affiliations: Suzuki Association of the Americas, National Guild of Piano Teachers, and Rochester Area Keyboard Club